Coaching vs. Therapy which one should I choose?
It’s important to understand where rubber meets the road and which one of these professionals can best help you on your journey to supporting your best life.
- A personal/life coach helps clients who need support towards setting life goals, career, brainstorming, mindset etc.
- A therapist helps clients struggling with mental health issues (depression, bi polar, PSTD, addiction, schizophrenia, OCD etc)
- Clients can work with both a personal/life coach and a therapist
- A personal/life coach can help a client identify blind spots and blocks
- A personal/life coach can support clients to break down situations and see the larger picture
- A therapist helps clients dealing with trauma
- A personal/life coach is future oriented and focuses on the present
- A therapist helps clients psycho analyse their pasts
- A personal/life coach has less rigidity when it comes to the scope of their work
- A personal life coach can give their clients psycho-education and help them find additional mental support
- A therapist helps clients with their emotional healing
- Some personal/life coaches can support their clients with mindfulness and de-stressing techniques
- A therapist helps clients who have personality disorders
- A personal/life coach can help clients who feel stuck
- A personal/life coach can help clients unpack thorny work or other tricky relationships
- A personal/life coach can motivate and inspire clients to their next steps
- A therapist can help clients use cognitive behavioural and NLP tools